New Old Doors





Around the porch are three cased openings. One really wide one in the front of the house and two very tall door sized openings on the side of the house. I found a set of old French doors at an antique store in town that have cool old textured glass in the top portion. I found the other two doors at an architectural salvage place in Mobile. They all look great together and go well with the house. While in Mobile, I also found two amazing pairs of 114" tall doors that I plan on putting on a barn track system to slide over the opening between the room in the front of the house and the back living room (the room with the bookshelves.) I flipped out when I found them! First of all they are super tall, which is impossible to find, and second of all they have this beautiful textured glass in the panes which matches the other doors. They are going to look so great! I painted them turquoise.
I found an old paneled door that was being used as a shelf in the crawl space of the house. We cut it up into individual panels and used them to frame out the French doors. Then we added glass around the rest of the cased opening to frame out the doors. I am so so happy with the way they all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment